Saturday, August 5, 2023

PEU Nightmare: Airport Version


I exited the men's room in the Richmond airport to see a hulking Glenn Youngkin walking toward me.    I was startled.  His frame grew larger and larger as he welcomed me to Virginia on a giant television screen

Was Glenn this frightening to the people of Corpus Christi when Carlyle reneged on its lead developer role for the Harbor Island port expansion?  Maybe not, but the former Carlyle co-CEO scared the bejesus out of me.

I'd hoped to end my wonderful visit with family without a thought of private equity underwriters (PEU).  No such luck. It's a PEU world.

Politicians Red and Blue love PEU and increasingly, more are one.  That should be disturbing to citizens who've experienced PEU ownership of their workplace.  I hope independent Virginia voters take everything Youngkin says with a shaker full of salt.  He's as slick as they come.

Update 8-13-23:  Rich man Governor Youngkin in Richmond has a Farmville constituent with a major hit on his hands, "Rich Men North of Richmond."